Saturday, June 1, 2013

China Update #10

Written Friday, 5/31/13: Last day in Zhengzhou

Twenty-two years ago today my life was forever altered as I awoke to the news of my dad passing.  New, unchartered and scary territory lie ahead.  And this week life has changed forever again.  Life has changed for a little boy who knew no family and now our family will never be the same again.  It's new, unchartered and a bit scary for all of us.  But with this life change I know who holds the future and I trust Him fully. There have been and there will be hard days - days that seem void of value. Days I can't seem to find the treasure and probably days that I want to give up.  But I'm believing that this life He's given is a gift and full of every day gifts.

This morning Levi and I enjoyed one last stroll through the park as Andrew packed our bags.  We have absolutely loved being near this amazingly beautiful place.  Although it is in the center of the city it is a quiet oasis that has been a precious sanctuary for us. It has allowed us a peaceful place - a respite for our souls and minds and a bonding place for us to walk hand in hand with Levi.  It's been an eye opening place to experience Chinese culture from a variety of instrumental performances, tai chi, fan dancers, karaoke, table tennis, chess, backward walking, coy fishing, bad mitten, Chinese opera, toddler split pants, kids painting little statues, photographers, card games and elderly friends greeting one another.

This morning as we walked through the park watching people as they began their day I was struck by the intimate way in which The Lord knows and loves each Chinese person - just as He loves me.  In this foreign land where the people as a whole do not recognize the True Creator God I've found it's easy for me to forget that He is still the One who knits each one together in the womb.  As I walked along looking into the eyes of so many (because they were of course unashamedly staring at me) the truth of their creation washed over me in a profound way.

We are now in Guangzhou where we will spend the remainder of our time (7 days).  I believe that. GZ is the 3rd largest city in China behind Beijing and Shanghai. But don't quote me on that.  The flight here went well. We spent this morning at the medical clinic because each child must have an examination and blood drawn for a TB test before leaving the country.  That was as fun as it sounds ;) This afternoon we swam in the lovely pool, did some paperwork and went to dinner with another family.  Dinners are getting better.  Tonight Levi made it about 30 minutes before departing kicking and screaming in Andrew's arms.  Now he is sleeping peacefully.

Tomorrow our group will go shopping.  Please continue to pray for an abundance of love and patience for Andrew and I.  There are still some intense moments but we are learning more every day of the triggers for his outbursts but the patience wanes at times as we attempt to gently correct (using hand signals) and show love.  We love you all!

R

P.S. sorry if this is disjointed or if there are grammatical errors...I'm falling asleep as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment